A. Formulate writing ideas and identify a topic appropriate to the purpose and audience.
B. Determine the usefulness of organizers and apply appropriate pre-writing tasks.
C. Edit to improve sentence fluency, grammar and usage.
F. Prepare writing for publication that is legible follows an appropriate format and uses techniques such as electronic resources and graphics.
C. Organize information from various resources and select appropriate sources to support central ideas, concepts and themes.
D. Use style guides to produce oral and written reports that give proper credit for sources (e.g., words, ideas, images and information) and include an acceptable format for source acknowledgement.
E. Communicate findings, reporting on the substance and processes orally, visually and in writing or through multimedia.
Interest survey on technology interest and skills
Literary Festival Rubric
Literary Festival Timeline (checklist)
Literary Festival Presentation
1. Teacher and media specialist will present possible technologies for students to explore.
2. Students will select appropriate technology to publish their research.
3. With teacher and media specialist assistance, students will learn to use selected technology.
4. Teacher and media specialist will provide time, resources, and guidance for student pairs to create polished piece to present to community members.
· Student technology choice
· Individual or partner work
Exploration of other technology resources
Continued work on project before and after school in media center, computer lab, or at home.
Through extensions and other academic subjects, students can apply skills learned to create presentations for other classes.
Dependent on specific technology selected by students; addressed in manuals and “how to” sheets
Dependent on specific technology selected by students
ODE Content Standards for Language Arts and Guidelines for Effective School Libraries.
Record observations and suggested modifications to facilitate instruction and student learning in the lesson.
· Links to online “how to” sheets (http://www4.osn.state.oh.us/modules/instructor/index.php)
· Literary Festival Timeline