The Big6 Assignment Organizer
The following worksheet is taken from the interactive online Big6 Assignment Organizer.
It is to be used for informational purposes only. Please refer to the link below to utilize this worksheet in a lesson.
Today’s date: ____________________ Class: ___________________________
Big6 #1: Task Definition
What am I supposed to do?
What information do I need in order to do this? (Consider listing in question form).
Big6 #2: Information Seeking Strategies
What are the best sources I can use to find this information?
If using websites, how will I know that they are good enough for my projects?
1. I will use only those evaluated by and provided by my teachers.
2. I will ask my librarian, teacher, or parent for help in finding good web sites for my project.
Big6#3: Location and Access
Where will I find these sources?
1. School Library
2. Public Library
3. Personal Library
4. Provided by My Teachers
6. Other __________________________________________
Who can help me find what I need?
1. I can find the sources myself.
2. My Librarian
3. My Teacher
4. My Parents
Big6 #4: Use of Information
How will I record the information that I find?
1. Take notes using cards.
2. Take notes on notebook paper.
3. Take notes using a word processor on a computer.
4. Take notes using a data chart or other graphic organizers.
5. Illustrate concepts.
6. Record into a tape recorder or use a video or digital camera.
7. Other ________________________________________________
How will I give credit to my sources?
1. Use the guide given to me by my teacher.
2. Use the Classroom Connect website for citing Internet Resources.
3. Use the Quick Guide fro citing other resources.
Big6 #5: Synthesis
How will I show my results?
1. Written Paper
2. Oral Presentation
3. Multimedia presentation
4. Performance or ____________________________________
How will I give credit to my sources in my final product or performance?
1. Include a written bibliography.
2. After the performance or presentation, announce which sources I used.
Materials I will need for my presentation or performance.
How much time do I estimate it will take to find the information and create the product?
Timeline for assignment:
1. Ideas for project (task definition) completed by:
2. Information searching (note taking) completed by:
3. First Draft due:
4. Completed assignment due:
Big6 #6: Evaluation
How will I know if I have done my best?
Before turning in my assignment, I need to check off all of these items (on the printed Organizer):
What I created to finish the assignment is appropriate for what I was supposed do in Big6 #1.
The information I found in Big6 #4 matches the information needed in Big6 #1
Credit is given to all of my sources, written in the way my teacher requested
My work is neat.
My work is complete and includes heading information (name, date, etc.).
I would be proud for anyone to view this work.